Natural Aging v Tweakments
It’s something that’s going to happen to all of us — aging is an inevitable part of the human experience. As we journey through life, our bodies are going to change and reflect that life that we’re leading. While aging is a natural process, some of us are more keen than others to hold back the visual signs of time. To achieve this, we have three options; choose to adopt a healthy lifestyle, pursue cosmetic procedures like fillers, or combine the two practices.
By exploring these three options and understanding the motivations behind them, we can make informed choices about how to approach aging in a way that boosts our confidence and makes us feel good.
Aging impacts our whole body, but it’s our face that we present to the world. They’re the window to our souls, they tell a story, they highlight our emotions, expressions and experiences and play a huge role in social interactions. Our faces are also one of the first areas to show the signs of aging; it’s no surprise that they get the most attention.
Material girl under fire
We’re definitely living in a word that is obsessed with people’s appearances, especially those in celebrity circles. While on one hand we’re being told to embrace our true self, to be confident being the person we want to be, the media every now and then pushes aside this healthy inclusive behavior with articles encouraging us to question someone’s cosmetic decision.
The latest celebrity to be in the spotlight is 64-year-old Madonna.
Journalists from all over the world were whipped into a frenzy creating articles about the artist’s face following her appearance at the 2023 Grammy’s.
What was once one of the most recognizable faces in the world, now appears to be the face of a stranger. No one, other than Madonna and those carrying out her treatments, know for sure exactly what procedures she’s had done, but there’s plenty of speculation.
Whether true or not, it’s been reported that in addition to a face lift, brow lift, nose job and possible fat grafting, she’s had excessive filler and Botox injections.
However, what remains unaddressed is whether her desire is to appear younger than her age or to simply be different. While the majority of people who go under the knife and pay for extreme procedures do so with the aim to turn back time, Madonna expressed that every decision she makes about her body is made to align with her personal priorities and values. In 2019 when confronted with reports of her having a butt implant, Madonna stated, “Desperately seeking no one’s approval…and entitled to free agency over my body like everybody else.”
Whether it’s the media speculating or praising someone for looking younger than their years, or a social media influencer sharing their own experiences of cosmetic procedures, especially the use of injectables, they’re continually raising awareness of procedures and putting them in the limelight. They’re normalising conversations about the subject. And as tweakment procedures such as injectables are readily accessible and affordable their popularity is soaring.
Whatever your thoughts on this subject, it’s important to be mindful that it’s a personal choice and that there’s nothing inherently wrong with wanting to alter one’s appearance. As long as individuals are making informed decisions and seeking out qualified professionals to perform the procedures, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be able to pursue the look they desire.
You’ve got to be committed: Fillers aren’t a one-time fix
We feel that we should point out that it’s never a one-off thing. Altering one muscle in the face can have a ripple effect on other muscles, potentially causing them to work harder to compensate. This can result in the formation of new lines and wrinkles in other areas of the face.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that it’s important to take a holistic approach to cosmetic treatments. Focusing on just one area of the face can create an unbalanced look, which may not be aesthetically pleasing or natural-looking.
Welcome to the Tweakments Guide
If you want to learn everything there is to know about tweakments you really should head to Alice Hart-Davis’ YouTube channel. She’s a true advocate of combining great skincare with a variety of non-surgical cosmetic procedures to achieve a fresher-looking face. You’ll be hard pushed to find a tweakment that she hasn’t covered or indeed experienced for herself.
Hart-Davis has spent over £100k on tweakments over two decades and recently wanted to find out what her face would look like if she’d gone down the natural route solely, this would include skincare routines, the daily wearing of SPF, exercise, and optimum diet.
Our founder, Auriole Prince, was invited by the beauty journalist and The Telegraph to utilise Change My Face’s advanced software to uncover the truth.
It’s usual for us to show an individual what their future-self is going to look like, so this really was an interesting challenge. The results speak for themselves, the tweakments she had invested in have eliminated the lines and wrinkles, lifted the areas prone to sagging, given her complexion a wonderful glow, and subtly plumped some of the muscles.
Hart-Davis hasn’t gone overboard, she has embraced the procedures that are available today and enhanced her natural good looks.
She still looks like her but on a great day. Always.
Embracing natural aging
The option that’s available to everyone wanting to always look their best is to age naturally. This way doesn’t cost much or take up too much time — it just takes a little commitment to form a few great habits.
We can also learn from some of the most beautiful and successful women about how they’ve embraced ageing in the best possible, courtesy of Harpers Bazaar.
Michelle Obama: “We are so ridiculous as women. We don’t want to talk about our age, and then we want to act like we should look like we did when were 20, you know? When, I’m sorry, men you can look any kind of way. And it seems to be OK.”
Sharon Stone: “I started to understand that I was going to go for being more like a European woman who got more beautiful with age and who could understand that women are more beautiful than girls because they know something,” she explained.
Julianne Moore revealed that the phrase she hates the most is “women of a certain age.” Why? “This idea where you can no longer mention age is archaic, so I’d like to get rid of that,” Moore explained.
Finally, Iris Apfel although admitting that “gettin’ old ain’t for sissies,” she added that, “you start falling apart, but you just have to buck up and paste yourself together. You may not like getting older, but what’s the alternative? You’re here,” she said. “Embrace it. I say put your experience to work, to give something back to other people.”
Here are some proven ways to help slow down the aging process and promote a healthy-looking face:
· Get yourself a good skincare routine. This is one of the best ways to maintain a youthful appearance. This can include washing your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser, using a toner to balance your skin’s pH, and applying a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
· Quit smoking. Smoking reduces blood flow and depletes the skin of oxygen and essential nutrients. This results in wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots, making the skin look dull and aged.
· Cut down on your alcohol intake. Alcohol dehydrates which results in premature fine lines and wrinkles, it depletes our bodies of vitamins and minerals essential for healthy skin and can lead to inflammation and oxidative stress.
· Dry brushing is a great way to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. Exfoliating with a gentle scrub promotes a brighter and more radiant complexion, and helps to remove dead skin cells and stimulate cell renewal.
· Drink plenty of water to improve the skin’s elasticity. This makes it look more plump and youthful. Water also flushes out toxins and waste products to reduce inflammation and improve overall skin health.
· Getting enough sleep promotes cell regeneration, enables the body to produce more collagen, reduces dark circles and puffiness around the eyes, supports our natural healing processes, and lowers inflammation levels. Sleep also lessens our stress levels which is great for giving our immune systems a welcome boost.
· Eat a healthy and balanced diet to guarantee your intake of essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. When you put in healthy stuff, you’ll feel healthy and look healthy on the outside.
· Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays by wearing sunscreen every day. Even when it’s cloudy, exposure to the sun’s powerful rays can be harmful to our skin.
Get in touch for the ultimate collaboration
Elevate your health or beauty initiatives with our advanced AI-powered face aging technology. Explore the possibilities on our main page and take your campaign to the next level.